Does High Crime deserve to be released on DVD or Blu-ray? Should we run a KickStarter campaign for the release? If you think this film does deserve a quality release, get involved and help get this film out!
We have a goal of 300 members for this project. Here is our plan:
- Collect 300 email addresses to inform about the KickStarter project when it is posted.
- While we are collecting those email addresses, get feedback on our ideas for the release and finalize funding goal.
- Create a KickStarter campaign and attempt to get to 30% of our funding goal within the first 5 days via our Project Members!
- Pick a solid, achievable goal and explain to project members exactly how we plan on achieving the goal.
- Incidentally, this is a sample of how we are planning on achieving our goal this time around. We are collecting enough email addresses to achieve the following scenario:
- ~24% of our goal: If 1/3rd of our Project Members (100 individuals) pledge at least for the DVD (10 USD from our 35mm theatrical print or 15 USD from the negative).
- ~8% of our goal: If 1/30th of our Project Members (10 individuals) pledge for the numbered, limited edition version of the DVD (or Blu-ray).
- ~1% of our goal: If the remaining Project Members pledge the 1 USD "online extras" option.
- That will get us over 30% of the way there, which does four things for us... (1) it proves to KickStarter faithfuls that this is a legitimate project and encourages them to put money into it, (2) it gives us better exposure on KickStarter, (3) it gives us the motivation to push the campaign hard locally and via social media, and (4) statistically it is the tipping point for a crowd sourced project to succeed, 90% of projects that get over 30% will succeed.
- We will explain this goal and our hopeful expectations of our Project Members in the email finalizing the project, and will encourage them to sign up for KickStarter if they haven't yet so they can help us get over the 30% hump. Even if the Project Members only pledge the funds until we get to about 40% and then remove their pledges it would help tremendously in achieving our goal of releasing this film in good quality.
- Keep it SIMPLE. Last time we had WAY too many perks and levels of rewards.
- Create a really high quality project video, not just Micah talking into the webcam.
- Set specific release dates for DVD and Blu-ray if the project is funded.
- Reach out to our growing sources to spread the campaign and work out a clever marketing campaign.